15:30 - 16:00 Reception with light refreshments 16:00 - 18:00 Annual Members Meeting 18:00 - 22:00 UISTWIND Community Ceilidh - ALL WELCOME
Notice of Annual Members’ Meeting
NOTICE is hereby given that the First Annual Members’ Meeting of the North Uist Development Company (Trading) Limited (NUDC-T) Community Benefit Society will be held at: Carinish Village Hall, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EJ On Saturday 21 September 2019 at 4pm for the transaction of the following business.
Please note: NUDC-T is registered under RS007738 with the Financial Conduct Authority under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Members are invited to attend and other community members are welcome. Only Members can vote. We need 10% of the Members to achieve quorum. If quorum is not reached in the first 30 minutes the meeting will be adjourned to the following Saturday.
We urge Members to attend to discuss the process so far and have your say now that your investment is making this project possible.
1. Introduction and Apologies
2. Management Committee Report & Membership Strategy The Report and Strategy will be presented at the AMM with time for discussion and questions. The report and Strategy will be published on the website from the 18th of September. The Management Committee Recommendations will be provided at the meeting.
3. Financial Report for 2018 - 2019 The Report will be presented at the AMM with time for discussion and questions. The Management Committee Recommendations will be provided at the meeting.
4. Appointment of Auditors (if required) 4.4.3 of the rules of the Community Benefit Society asks for the Members to decide on the appointment any financial Auditors, and external Auditors of any other aspect of the performance of the Society (if required). Information will be provided at the meeting alongside the Management Committee Recommendations.
5. Election of Management Committee The current Management Committee will step down for this AMM. Nominations will be accepted from Members of NUDC-T up to midday on the 18th of September 2019 for the election and appointment of the new Management Committee. Nominations should be sent to email@example.com with the full name, address, contact details and a brief explanation on why they wish to be elected. A nomination form can be downloaded below. Nominations will also be accepted at the meeting. Ballot papers will be available on the 19th of September. If you are unfortunately unable to attend the meeting, you are able to vote personally by ballot in advance of the meeting.
6. Members’ Questions Members can ask questions on the day, but if you have any specific matters you would like to question at the AGM, please sent a short-written query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you at the AMM, and hope you are able to join us for the evening celebratory Ceilidh on the 21st as well as the Open Day on the 20th.